What are the advantages of the S5 compared to the SIII?
- Battery life
- Battery after heavy usage on end of the day still 49/51% available
- Daily 15-20 minutes hotspot enabled
- Daily all the time the Gear 2 connected, Bluetooth always on
- Intense app usage Feedly, Whatsapp and Facebook
- 2x Exchange push synchronizing
- 1x POP mail
- It works smoothly fast
- Sometimes still mysterious delays for a short time, but I think those are caused due to bad network connectivity
- I was enjoying the speed and I was amazed when I saw I had Energysavings mode enabled, forgot to turn it off. Plenty speed I suppose
- Inactivate unused apps
- New is the feature to disable unused apps, I like this option.
- New Android version
- The new android version gives little but nice features.
- Smartwatch Samsung Gear 2
- Maybe the best accessory at this moment is the smartwatch of Samsung, the Gear 2. Handy gadget and fun to use. It gives some extra comfort to use your smartphone on a different way. Wearables are the future.
- Using the smartphone while not worrying about the rain is a nice feature in The Netherlands. I didn’t test the waterproof in actual water.
- IR remote control
- Funny feature is the remote control which you can use to control devices. You can add rooms and select different brands and devices per room.
- The speed of the camera is impressive. Take a fast shot is possible. I experienced several times that the photo was out of focus, it such way the photo was not usable and I had no photo at all. Take a fast snap is better with the Gear 2. Those were till now all usable.
- The option to be able to download new functions to the camera is a nice feature.
Categories: Android Tags:
From my Samsung Galaxy SIII to the Samsung Galaxy S5…
My points of irritation… what I miss from my SIII:
- No FM Radio
- I miss the ability to listen radio
- No agenda widget
- With updating the SIII to 4.3 some widget regarding the calendar disappeared, but now it’s even incredible, only the mini-today widget is available, tasks and calendar widget are totally gone.
- Edge annoys sometime
- Holding the phone give a non-pleasant feeling, sometimes…
- Charging is not handy with the protection covering the charge connector, wireless charging is still not available
- I’m a bit afraid the same happened to the SIII, they also promised wireless charging, I never saw it appear here in shops. The S5 is now available on the market for weeks, still no S View Cover with wireless charging available in shops.
- Fingerprint reader not usable when using VPN
- this is unbelievable… the fingerprint reader works pretty well. I was happy with it . I wanted to add a VPN connection and I had to switch to PIN or password security method due to security policy , so in other words, fingerprints are unsafe. Strange.
- Mic is very sensitive, sounds good, but people are complaining when I speak with them while walking outside, windy noise.
Samsung had a big mistake when enrolling Android 4.3…. Not only they made mistakes on several releases on different models (S3, S4, etc..) but also should give us support for TRIM and Gear.
I’ve 4.3 some weeks in use on my SIII.
These are my remarks :
- FM-Radio app stops playing music after some seconds starting in the morning (daily)
- UI 3D effect TouchWiz shows weird colors (red) while swiping (after restart several days ok)
- Battery life is shorter, but more important unpredictable, sometimes I can use my S3 all day long and I still have 70%+ battery life while on other moments I see after turning it on for just some hours it shows me 54% battery life
- Tasks widget S Planner is gone, cannot be choosen anymore (!?)
I hope this will get solved in the announced 4.4 update. TRIM should make all things smoother and faster, I don’t share this feeling.
Let’s see what Samsung has to announce during MWC’14 in Barcelona.
Categories: Android Tags: