I’m using the iPhone4 since a while and since a short time I installed an app for checking my app usage stats. I was thinking that it weren’t that much apps. At first I was thinking about making a top 10 iphone apps but I was surprised to see I had 35 apps in my list :
- Mail – the most used app according the stats was mail, of course due to the usage of push and automatic retrieval
- WhatsApp – The well-known app for sending text, pictures and video to your mobile phone contacts
- Facebook – Most popular social network app, surprisingly in my top 3. I think this is caused because Facebook combined chat and messages into one and so they managed to come on place 3
- Phone – Who statement is that iPhones are not being used as telephone are not talking about me. I didn’t know it either but the phone app is on number 4
- MobileRSS – a handy app that uses google reader, I use this to read and manage my enormous pile of information
- Music – Since iOS5 Apple renamed this app to Music, before it was known as the iPod app. I listen a lot of music via my iPhone
- Settings – I’m tweaking and checking a lot in the settings, which explains why this app is on 7
- BMI Calc – Tsja… Own made, currently the name is BMI Fast Calc – a free app to calculate your Body Mass Index (BMI) . I did a lot of testing that’s the reason why it’s on this spot
- App Stat – it’s the app I used for checking the usage of my apps
- Skype – the popular VoIP app
- Twitter – social media app of Twitter which I use to check news of topics I’m interested in
- myNZB – with this app you can manage downloads on your SABnzbd installation
- Safari – the included browser of Apple
- Opera Mini – another famous browser, I had expected this one to be used more often but I think Safari is 1 spot higher because it’s the internal browser
- Calendar – Internal calendar feature
- Messages – SMS text message app
- Flipboard – since a few days this iPad app also available as iPhone app. Superb application. I use it for reading my Google Reader, Facebook, Twitter, Tumblr and Flickr updates.
- Camera – sometimes I make a photo or video…
- Facebook Messenger – chat application from facebook, using this makes it possible to chat realtime
- Miso – share which TV Series and movies I’m watching, I share it on facebook, sometimes on twitter and my website
- Hyves – biggest Dutch social network
- Photos – photo gallery to checkout your own photos and videos
- Pixelpipe – app where you can publish your photo or video to several services at the same time (I can’t find it anymore in the iTunes Store?)
- Reminders – internal app which makes it now possible to create a reminder based on location, reminder on arrival or leave and also the reminders of Outlook/Exchange
- Speedtest.net – check out your current speed of your connection
- Windows Live Messenger – MSN Live Messenger
- JaNet – network utility
- My Xbox Live – little app to do some social networking with your XBOX Live account
- Firefox home – with app app you can store and retrieve browser history, passwords and favorites on your iPhone, it’s not a browser but you can access everything from your firefox browser of your computer.
- MobileRSS Pro – same creator as 5. MobileRSS but more features. I prefer 5 because of the loading speed of the articles.
- Google+ – tsja… I don’t know why I use this.. had something to do with being SEO minded but I don’t see other friends and family using Google+
- ABN bankieren – App of ABN to use mobile banking on your iPhone
- HT recorder – App for recording memos on your iphone
- Contacts – internal app for all your contacts
- LinkedIn – social network app, LinkedIn is considered a professional social network
You can also read my “Top 10 most used iPad apps“.
I appreciate a lot the quality of sound. 2 years ago I bought the Bose InEar headphones. 99 euros for a headphone was in my opinion a lot of money but because I knew Bose had quality products which can not be compared to the quality of the ones of 20-30 euros. The included headphones of the iPhone4 did not met my personal demand which I want for bass tones. The free included headphones were a little bit lacking the warm sound.
The Bose InEar headphones did meet my expectations. The sound is really phenomenal considering the size of these little headphones. I didn’t want to walk with such an enormous headphone.
Last week the unfortunate happened. Suddenly my left side of the headphone didn’t work anymore, no sound at all… Pity was my thought. I knew I had them longer than1 year.
Vorige week deed het noodlot toeslaan. Opeens deed mijn linkerkant het niet meer, geen geluid meer… Jammer dacht ik. Ik wist dat ik ze langer dan 1 jaar had. Showed my warranty to be 2 years on Bose headphones! I asked via their website I want to claim my warranty, if applicable. I received really fast a response by email with the instructions included how to send it to Bose for checking my warranty claim. I followed the instructions and sent my broken headphones.
Friday the package arrived from Bose… with… not my, repaired, InEar bose headphones… by my surprise I received a completely new Bose IE2 headphone. The succesor… I thought WOW… good. Let me see which things are improved compared to my ‘old’ model. I could conclude fast that Bose really listens to their customers. On a regular basis I received information, brochures and feedback forms from Bose. They really do something with this information.
The advantages of the Bose IE2 headphones compared to the previous model:
- Bose added an additional appendix to their previous design to ensure it fits and stays on place better
- In the previous model sometimes they fall of the headphone but now they created an extra notch
Categories: Tips Tags:
Maybe you also have thought this several times…. This won’t happen to me…. Yeah right… and then it happens…
The same case with me… My iPhone felt into the water
What did I do to rescue my iPhone from the water?
- Took it as fast as possible out of the water (duh)
- Removed the protection case (had a lot of water)
- Dry the iphone with a towel
- Blew dry the openings of the phone. Only the next time I would not blow again but try to suck out of the air. I read on the Apple forum this is better because blowing will cause the water to go inside the phone
- The iPhone4 was working… till…
- I turned off and on the phone
- everything looked normal
- I wanted to put the sound volume louder but the phone showed me “headphone mode” while I didn’t had a headphone connected resulting in no sound.
- then I put off the phone and surprise….
- the phone jumped into recovery mode, where you have to connect the iphone on your PC syncing with iTunes which I didn’t want to do because of my jailbreak and the information on the phone. iTunes will do a restore and upgrade to the newest firmware
- I installed tinyumbrella and chose the option so the phone has to get out of service mode and just boot
- then I waited a while
- and… eureka! everything works well again…. matter of drying and choosing NOT to restore
Updated : added download link and sources and corrected some words…
Categories: Tips Tags: